REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
The following are requirements for certification. Your file must be complete by August 1 of the year of the exam.
1. A letter from the membership department of the AOA (1-800-621-1773) stating you have been a member in good standing for at least the past two years and that you have shown evidence of conformity to the standards of the American Osteopathic Association. You must be in good standing as of the date of the test (i.e. your AOA dues must be up to date at the time of the test).
2. Letters of recommendation from TWO dermatologists certified by the AOBD. (Letters must be on letterhead with an ORIGINAL signature and mailed directly to the Administrative Assistant of the AOBD at the address below)
3. Copy of your medical school diploma.
4. Copy of your internship diploma.
5. Copy of your state license. License must be valid as of date of test.
6. Two recent passport-size photos.
7. $1,800.00 non-refundable fee, made payable the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology.
8. Signed applicant statement.
9. Completed application form.
In addition, all three years of your training program must receive final approval from the AOA. You cannot sit for the examination until your training has been declared “complete”. Be sure your program director has submitted all necessary documentation to the Education Evaluating Committee of the AOCD.
Send all materials to:
Richard L. Mansfield, Administrative Assistant
American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
1803 South Cottage Grove Place
P.O. Box 493
Kirksville, MO 63501
Fax: (660) 956-4273